Building Blocks Pre School in Kingston, Jamaica, has been setting the stage for young minds to grow for 17 years. Led by Principal Jodie Williams, the school has an incredible Team of qualified and nurturing educators on hand to start your little ones’ journey in education – with “Learning through Play” as their (lived up to!) motto and a great programme which mixes academics with physical and artistic activities. With students ranging in age from 18 months to 4 years old, they’re the perfect ‘teachers’ to share with b3 readers on:
- Have your child visit the school, once you have decided on one so he or she can meet the
- teachers and see the surroundings before school officially starts.
- Talk about going to school in a positive and exciting light. Try emphasising that they will
- meet new friends and play with new toys or talking about whether the school has something
- specific which will pique their interest, like animals.
- Explain the schedule; Mummy and/or Daddy will drop off and will be back after playground
- Remember to say ‘goodbye’ when leaving. It is important that your child knows you are
- leaving for a while but will be back, and that you didn’t just disappear.
- It’s also advisable to send any comfort item that the child may have. Eg. Pacifier, blanket
- or stuffed animal.
Here’s to happy school days!
BUILDING BLOCKS PRE SCHOOL
82 LADY MUSGRAVE ROAD
TEL: 876.927.7004 / 876.978.8150